Thank you for your interest in nominating a community leader for the 2017 ATHENA Leadership Award.
Completed nominations are due by Friday, May 19, 2017
The ATHENA Leadership Model is unique in that it focuses on personal traits of strong, successful leaders. It captures the spirit and collaborative leadership style often exemplified in women leaders, while also recognizing the importance of traits such as courageous acts and fierce advocacy in the pursuit of excellence.
The ATHENA Leadership Model tenets include Authentic Self, Celebration and Joy, Collaboration, Courageous Acts, Fierce Advocacy, Giving Back, Learning and Relationships, and provide a model for 21st Century leadership.
The ATHENA Award honors individuals who strive toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment, who excel in their chosen field, devote time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and forge paths of leadership for other women to follow.
ATHENA Recipients must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Assist women in reaching their full leadership potential
How to Nominate
- Nominations for the ATHENA Award must be submitted using this nomination form
- Nominees must live or work in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, or Leelanau counties to be considered for recognition.
- The information submitted should support the award criteria of achievement, leadership and service
- You may include two additional pages of supporting documents (i.e. resume, cv, etc.)
- Any additional information provided will only be utilized as background information in preparing information about the selected recipient.
- It is encouraged to complete only one nomination per candidate, listing each individual who assisted on the first page of the form. If multiple entries for the same candidate are submitted, the forms will be combined into one.
PLEASE RETURN COMPLETED FORMS BY May 19, 2017
Rose Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call with questions (231) 932-3153